Views Worth Grinding For

I read on another blog a few weeks ago about the Urban Grind being held at Harbour Center in downtown Vancouver. Me, being the way I am, wanting to try everything new was excited for it. I could see no drawbacks from this event. For five dollars, you are allowed to climb up the 40 flights of steps as many times as you want (between 4-6:30) free glass of beer and water at the top, an amazing view of the city and $5.00 voucher for the food court in the basement. 



My friend and I climbed up just once. It wasn't very bad. It only took about 10 minutes. There really wasn't a view during the walk up. We started off talking as we walked along but honestly, by the fourth floor, we stopped doing that and did more panting for breath. 






At the top, the view was truly amazing. I've never been up at Vancouver lookout before. It has a 360 degree view of lower mainland. There was a hint of clouds which added a very nice touch to the view. 

We stayed up at the top too long and were unaware that the food court closes at six. So unfortunately we were unable to use our vouchers. but they are supposedly good till end of April so rest assured I'll be back to have my meal :)

This entry was posted on Friday, March 13, 2015 and is filed under ,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply