Chasing Sunrise: Last Hike of the Season (I Swear!)


So remember how I said that Crown Mountain was my last hike of the season? Well I lied. Last week I was having some bubble tea with a few friends when I got an email from Chasing Sunrise. An impromptu sunrise hike on Saturday due to the last potential of nice weather. It was also a good opportunity for me to test out the SJ CAM that I bought. The last time we did this, the skies were very cloudy and we had maybe an inch of sky between the mountains and the clouds.  The good thing about sunrise climb so late in the year is that sunrise comes later. We started our ascent at 6:20 this time around, whereas last time we started around 4:30 in the morning.

The weather was great this time round. My friends and I started earlier than the group so for a good portion, we were able to stay ahead of the pack and avoid the crowd. In doing so, we managed to summit at around 7:30 am. We were part of the first group to summit and in doing so we got decent seats that gave us good view of the impending sunrise. The view was amazing. Take a look for yourself. The pictures don't justify the view you see though.


The only downside to this, was the crowd at the top of the mountain. It kind of took away from the beauty but, it was also an adventure in itself to be up there at 7:30 in the morning with other people.




This entry was posted on Wednesday, October 28, 2015 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply