Time to Hit the Movies

I am slowly beginning to get all caught up with that huge list of must-write blog posts list. It's slowly dwindling down, although I have a feeling it won't be for long as my trip is coming up soon.


This past while, I've been going out more to the movies again. In about a month or two time span I went to watch 4. Yes I know that's not a huge number, but it is to me OK? I usually spend my time doing other meaningful things :)


I was really excited for this movie, even though I was a little scared. I'm not gonna lie I was a little scared to fly after this, Thank goodness I didn't need to for a bit. This also came out around the same time the Malaysian Airline disappeared in the middle of the ocean, which didn't help the situation. The movie was really unrealistic. I couldn't imagine someone with such a mental hindrance holding such a crucial position of authority. How do things just fall into place the way the bad guys plan? The movie had me guessing the whole time though as to who was the real antagonist. So overall I would have to say it was still a good movie to watch. 


The second I watched was the highly anticipated Captain America, The Winter Soldier. I initially was suppose to watch Noah that night with my brother and church friends, but a friend that I had kept turning down for going out asked me to go, so I agreed. We ended up watching it in a IMAX theater, which in my opinion was a complete waste of money. It wasn't any different from 3D and even then I still think 3D isn't worth it. I prefer my movies the old fashion way. Good thing that we went on a Tuesday, when prices were half off or else I wouldn't be able to justify spending that money.  

Now on to the actual movie. It was a great one. Everyone agreed that it was definitely better than the first one. I really enjoyed the twists and unexpectedness of this one. I don't think I'll throw in any spoilers for this one though. I'm not one for comic book turned movies, but this one didn't disappoint. I look forward to the next one. 


I went to watch Need For Speed literally a few days before they stopped showing it in theaters. The theater was nearly bear with only about 3 or 4 other people in the theater. I'm not much of a car freak or fan. The only ones I would really go watch would be Fast and Furious. This movie was pretty much that. The main character lost a dear friend in a street race at the start of the movie and was accused of his homicide. Years later when he was released on parole, he sought to avenge his friend's death. In order to do so he had to attend a very exclusive race that only those invited would know where it would be held. The entire movie was pretty much one huge race. It really didn't have much to compare to F&F and was very predictable.



Finally I watched Brick Mansions! I basically watched this only for Paul Walker. It was sad to hear about his death and knowing that this was his last completed film. It was worth going to see. It was a little disappointing to see though his character seemed a lot like others he played in other movies. We weren't given an opportunity to see his vast talents. I enjoyed that movie in that it had a lot of action and was quite thrilling to watch. But at the same time, it was also very confusing to watch. At the beginning of the movie, the antagonist, Tremaine, was this guy that would kill his own men due to failure to complete his bidding, yet at the end of the movie, he is shown as a person who wasn't capable of launching a rocket he had somehow miraculously acquired and kill civilians in an area he despises. HUH Go figure.

Summer is coming, and there are some blockbusters to hit the big screen. I'm particularly looking forward to watching How to Train Your Dragon 2, Transformers and Lucy. Anyone else?

This entry was posted on Wednesday, May 21, 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply