Paintnite

A couple of weeks ago, my close friend had a birthday celebration. Instead of the usual dine out or party at home, she wanted to do something unique. In the end, she decided that she wanted to go to a Paint Nite. Paint Nite is an event where you go with friends to paint, order drinks and have a good time. The portrait for the night she selected was a whale tale amidst a sea of water with the sun setting in the background. 



I don't think I've EVER painted before, or at the very least not a full portrait anyways. By the time we arrived, there weren't many spots left. Our huge group got separated. We were all given a blank canvas, a cup of water, and a tray of paint with blue, yellow, red, white and black paint. For all the other colors, we had to mix paint. 


We started off with the ocean, painting it blue (obviously) and then mixing in some black for depth and white for waves. Next came the sky. This was a bit tricky as you had to work your way down. From Blue to green to yellow to red. It took a lot of blending, which was surprisingly difficult for me. I wasn't born to paint. In the midst of all the painting, I even accidental took a sip from the water cup by accident. At least I realized before I swallowed. Although I don't think the paint would have been poisonous, It was definitely embarrassing.


We took a break for the paint to dry. I took a stroll around the room and glanced at all the other paintings. There were definitely some artistic people in the room. And some with a wild imagination. 

After the break, we worked on the whale's tail. which was a lot simpler, followed by the clouds and the setting sun. After breaking everything down, painting the picture really wasn't that hard. It did help that there was a teacher going through every step of it for you too. 


All in all I had a good time, although my bf said he would never actually pay again to do it. He would prefer to do it at home for a lot cheaper :P What do you think of this drawing? Would you go to a paint nite?

This entry was posted on Tuesday, December 9, 2014 and is filed under ,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply