S+L Masterchef's Kitchen

If any of you follow Masterchef Canada, you will know that the winner of season two was David Jorge from my very own Surrey, BC. I was rooting for him the entire season, and he was very deserving of this win. Since then, I've been waiting for the moment he'd open up his own restaurant. That moment happened late last month. David partnered with Joseph Richard Group to open S+L They had a lot of social media advertising in prep for this and when they released the menu, my wallet cried a little. The price tier for S+L is on the high end to say the least. It definitely isn't somewhere I'd be able to go often. However, they did have buck-a-shuck happy hours Monday - Friday 2 - 5 pm. Because the beau usually works M-F, we took the opportunity on Family Day, this past Monday to go try it out.


We arrived shortly before 2 and was seated prompt. I really liked the design of the place. It felt very classy. Our server was very diligent and greeted us promptly as well. She offered us water three ways, cucumber water, *forgot the other*, and regular water. We just stuck with the regular. We knew that we wanted to order oysters but beau also wanted to try the Master Chicken, which was supposedly what won David his title so we had that as well. We ordered 2 dozen oysters along with the chicken. The oysters were denman island oysters and they were amazing. I never really liked eating raw oysters, but in the recent years have really grown to love it. The Master Chicken came with mashed potatoes and corn. It was a perfect combination. I found the chicken to be slightly too salty, but that matched perfectly with the mash because it compensated for the light flavour of it. The portion sizes were decent too. So really there isn't much complaints *besides the price*. 



I really enjoyed this meal. I can see myself coming back for special occasions such as anniversaries or birthday, but I can't see me coming back for any other reason. Besides perhaps buck-a-shuck.

Try the place yourself and let me know how you liked it!



S+L Kitchen and Bar
8399 200th Street
Langley BC

This entry was posted on Thursday, February 11, 2016 and is filed under ,,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply