Family Day Weekend Fun Gone Wrong

This weekend in BC was a long weekend due to Family Day on Monday. While it was reported that there would be a snow storm approaching the lower mainland region over the weekend, A friend, my brother and I decided to hit the slopes. Having only gone once so far this season, I was eager to snowboard again before the end of the season.


When we got up to the mountain, I was initially disappointed. There was hardly any snow on the mountain. Considering the price I had to pay, $49 + tax, I didn't know whether it would be worth it or not. The mountain turned out to be GREAT. While not all runs were open, the main runs were and they weren't extremely icy. The weather on the mountain was excellent, with clear skies all around.


We even made some new friends along the way. The guy we met was also Taiwanese and was in Canada to learn English. It was only his third time snowboarding, yet he managed to keep up with us. Soon after we parted ways, we decided to try the opposite side of the mountain. This side had the terrain park and jumps. Both my brother and my friend had helmets so they went down that side while I stayed on the safe side.

It was my brother's first time on the jumps and after seeing my friend take his first jump, he felt he was confident enough to take the next jump, which was a lot bigger than he anticipated. He ended wiping out on landing and hitting his head and hurting his back. That cut our day short as we spent the rest of the day heading down the mountain and going to the ER in North Vancouver. It was the first time something like this hit so close to home. We left the hospital a while after. Thank goodness nothing was serious and no X-Ray had to be taken.



Hopefully next time no more incidents like this happens. :P

This entry was posted on Monday, February 10, 2014 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply