Sushi & Roll! Time for Sushi!

A while back, a friend posted a picture of some sushi on his Facebook wall. It was only then that I realized it was from a restaurant in Surrey! This was a friend I knew from Ontario so I wouldn't have guessed. Anyways, since my "friend" and I are avid Sushi lovers, we decided to go try it out today.

The restaurant is called Sushi & Roll. It was located in a quiet plaza that didn't have many other stores open. From first glance, the restaurant was big. It was also well decorated and modern looking. We were greeted right when we got in and seated promptly.


The menu was just right. Not too much and not too few. The pricing was good too since we have been to many sushi restaurants, we could tell this restaurant priced their food on the low end. While my friend ordered BC Roll Combo, Tako Sunomono, Spicy Salmon Roll, Uni Nigiri and Tuna Nigiri, I ordered the Ebi Sunomono (a staple dish for me) , the chopped scallop hand cone and the Fantastic roll.


First to be served was my hand cone. What I liked about it was that they were very generous with their filling. The chopped Scallop filled the entire cone from end to end and as I ate it, was even gushing out of the end. That was how much was in it. 


The ebi sunomono came next, and it was quite literally one of the best sunomonos I've had. It was a generous portion as well and a sweet yet vinegary taste. There was lots of bean noodle which made it so much better. 


 Last came my fantastic roll. And I think its name is justified. It was fantastic. the sauce on top was like the icing on the cake. Everything in the sushi really complimented each other. There was Deep fried prawn, avocado inside with tuna on top with the crunch stuff drizzled with special sauce. I thought it was soft and there wasn't an explosion of flavour which was perfect.

I also had one of my friend's Salmon Nigiri from his combo. His only complaint was the rice was too dry, and I had to agree. It wasn't the best sushi rice. However everything else made up for it.

Overall, the food at this restaurant was amazing. Good value and good eats. However my biggest disappointment was the service. The servers were not attentive enough and had to call and wave like madman for them to notice. Note to servers. Never have your back to the customers. They also made an error with my friend's order. He had ordered Uni Nigiri, but they brought out an Ebi Nigiri. My friend was nice about it and told them to just make him an Uni as well. In the end. They still charged us for it, which although I think its a culture thing, I think they should have gave him free of charge. It would have been the right thing to do.


Anyways, If you would like to try the place out its located at:

103 - 10241 King George Boulevard, Surrey BC


This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 26, 2014 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply