Filipino Fix at Little Ongpin

Today I had a dinner date with a friend of mine after work in Richmond. I picked her up from her place and as we sat there. Contemplating on where we wanted to eat in a city full of Asian food. We settled on Little Ongpin. Little Ongpin is a Filipino restaurant I had ate at once before with my co-workers.

I admit when we sat down and started to look at the menu, we were clueless as to what to order. I had to call in back up to figure out what is the best choice. In the end, we decided on Sinigang Na Tiyang Na Halibut, a medium sized, Pork Pata  and a small bowl of garlic rice and java rice.


The soup came first. Our first impression was that it was SUCH a huge bowl for just two people. The soup has a sour taste, but overall, it was absolutely amazing. However its one of those dishes that you can't really have too much or else you'll feel dsigusted.  


Next the Pork Pata came along with the rice. While the java rice (yellow) was a little too oily for our liking, the garlic rice was absolutely amazing. It had just enough flavor and wasn't too overpowering. The Pata, like the soup came in an unbelievably big portion. But it was kind of deceiving. Half of what you see on the plate is actually all bones. While what little meat that I ate was delicious, I would have loved it to be easier to eat. 

Overall, I liked the restaurant. It wasn't very pricey for the amount of food that we got and the people were very patient with us when we didn't know what to order. I probably won't come back though, unless its with people that actually know what they're ordering.


For those that are in the area that would like to try out the restaurant, it is located at:
4093 Number 5 Rd, Richmond BC

This entry was posted on Tuesday, February 25, 2014 and is filed under ,,,,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply