Estea with Papa

I'm starting to get into a routine with school and what not. Although it isn't easy. Because a couple of my classes start at 6:30, I don't get off until 9:30. I always think that I can last and make it home to eat, but by break time, I'm always starving. So the other night, after class ended, my dad picked me up in Burnaby on my way home from class. Gotta love him <3. We went to Estea. Estea as my family likes to refer to it as our second kitchen. We don't actually cook there. no. However, we eat there so often, that it has essentially become our kitchen. The owner is a nice lady that gives us a permanent 10% discount. Come to think of it, I don't think I've eaten at home in a long time due to classes and church and time spent with niu.

In the olden days, we'd come every Friday night and order our staple food of marinaJimited platter, siu mai, and thick toast with peanut butter. Tonight, because I was really starved, so we ordered a braised beef noodle soup, a thick toast with peanut butter (for my daddy) and a milk tea.


It was actually my first time trying the noodle soup there, and I was actually surprised it was quite good. The soup is light but rich in flavor. The noodles are al dente just like it should be. Had they been more generous with the beef portions and the beef flavor, it would have been perfect. But when you're as hungry as I was, you aren't going to complain and will eat anything :)


I actually have to say for me though, the milk tea isn't the greatest. But that is a personal preference. It has too much of a tea flavor and not enough of the milky flavor. This isn't to say its bad. It just isn't my preferred taste.

I do have to say it's a good place to just sit and have a nice chat. 

Estea cafe 
Kingsway
Burnaby, BC

This entry was posted on Friday, January 30, 2015 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply