Go Go Ramengers!

I met up with a dear friend of mine yesterday for dinner. We hadn't decided on a place beforehand so when she got in the car, we sat there for a good 5 to 10 minutes contemplating where to eat. After searching on yelp, we decided on Ramengers. 3 guesses what kind of food that is!


The place is located on Kingsway not too far from Joyce Street (address down below). It really isn't a huge restaurant. By the counter seats about 5 to 6 people whereas the table settings allow for 14 people, 16 tops. But they have the cutest menus I've EVER seen. They don't have much of a selection. There are about 4 or 5 different types of ramen to choose from and you can add additional toppings to it if you like. You can also add onigiris, which are triangular rice balls or mini donburis to the order. That was it. nothing else on the menu.


Actually I lied, they do have a pork bone ramen, but its only available Wednesdays and Thursdays  and I believe they limit it to 15 servings per day! Kinda odd don't you think?

I ended up with the shio ramen which is the salt based soup. My friend ordered the mini donburi which accompanied my ramen because she wasn't all that hungry.

(Sorry, something went wrong with my picture :( )

I thought the overall taste of the ramen was good. The broth was nothing special. The chashu (pork) could have more fat to it, but they had a good grilled taste to it. The egg, which is my favorite part of ramen, was slightly overcooked, but otherwise perfect.

I would say this restaurant is good for if you're in the area, but it isn't somewhere you should go out of your way to try.

Ramengers
3520 Kingsway
Vancouver, BC
604.419.4400

This entry was posted on Sunday, January 18, 2015 and is filed under ,,. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply